Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2⁄3 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves, all-fruit type
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 3⁄4 lb beef flank steak, trimmed
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced,fresh
- 1 medium green pepper, strips (1 cup)
- 1 medium red pepper, strips (1 cup)
- 2 green onions, 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Cook couscous according to package directions on the range top, except omit margarine or butter and salt.
- For sauce, stir together preserves, soy sauce, gingerroot, and crushed red pepper; set aside.
- thinly slice steak on the bias into bite-size strips.
- Place beef strips in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover and micro-cook on 100% power (high) for 5 or 6 minutes.
- (low-wattage ovens: 8-9 minutes) or till meat is tender, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Remove meat and discard juices.
- In the casserole place mushrooms, green and red pepper strips, and green onions.
- Pour sauce mixture over the vegetables.
- Toss gently till mixed.
- Cover and micro-cook on high for 4-5 minutes (low wattage ovens: 7-8 minutes) or till pepper strips are crisp-tender, stirring after every minute.
- Stir together vinegar and cornstarch, then add mixture to casserole.
- Stir in meat.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes (low wattage ovens: 5-6 minutes) or till mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring after every minute.
- Serve with cooked couscous or rice.
Hi, This was great. I scaled it down since there are only the two of us right now, and I did not have a red pepper I used a yellow one. As well my husband can not have onion. It was still great. Leanne