Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A wonderful Asian stir-fry, chicken may be substituted for the beef if desired.
Top Review by Mrs. Gottrocks
This recipe was wonderful!!! We both loved it!!! The picante sauce gave it just the right amount of "kick", but not overpowering!!! Will be making this again!! Thanks for posting!!
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2 x 2 inch strips
- 3 -4 fresh minced garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 -5 green onions, with tops cut into 1 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the picante sauce, soy sauce, water and cornstarch; mix well; reserve the mixture.
- In another bowl, toss the beef strips with the garlic and ginger.
- Heat 2 tsp peanut oil with sesame oil (if using), in a 10-inch skillet or wok, on medium-high heat.
- Add in the beef, stir-fry 3 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink.
- Remove beef with a slotted spoon; reserve.
- Add in the mushrooms, broccoli florets, and the red bell pepper; stir-fry 3 minutes, or until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Add in Picante sauce mixture, reserved beef and green onions; cook, and stir 1 minute, or until thickened.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.