An easy slow-cooked dinner that my family likes. Well seasoned but not a hot/spicy dish. Adapted from BHG.
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef round steak, cut on the bias into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 (3/4 ounce) envelope beef gravy mix
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Layer the carrots, onions, and beef strips (in that order) in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle evenly with ginger and garlic.
- In a small bowl, mix together the water, soy sauce, and gravy mix.
- Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Increase heat to HIGH; add in broccoli, stir to combine.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve over hot rice.