Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An easy slow-cooked dinner that my family likes. Well seasoned but not a hot/spicy dish. Adapted from BHG.
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef round steak, cut on the bias into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 (3/4 ounce) envelope beef gravy mix
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Layer the carrots, onions, and beef strips (in that order) in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle evenly with ginger and garlic.
- In a small bowl, mix together the water, soy sauce, and gravy mix.
- Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Increase heat to HIGH; add in broccoli, stir to combine.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve over hot rice.
An easy and tasty crockpot meal! I cooked this for a total of 7 hours; omitted the carrots and doubled the ginger, garlic, lite soy, gravy mix and water and served over steamed rice. DH loves his salt and soy so he added a few dashes of non-low sodium soy sauce on his serving for extra flavor; though I found it had enough flavor as is. I bet this would taste great with some julienned green pepper added as well. Thanks for this recipe; it made my cooking task on Mother's Day quite easy; I was able to make and serve my family a meal they enjoyed while I was able to enjoy the day without spending it slaving over a hot stove.
Love the crockpot and now I have a new recipe to prepare in it. This is so easy and good. I decreased the water slightly and used a little more garlic and ginger than the recipe called for. Served this over hot Jasmine rice. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.