1/1 Photo of Oriental Beef and Broccoli
8 hrs 25 mins
An easy slow-cooked dinner that my family likes. Well seasoned but not a hot/spicy dish. Adapted from BHG.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 lbs beef round steak, cut on the bias into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 (3/4 ounce) envelope beef gravy mix
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1Layer the carrots, onions, and beef strips (in that order) in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- 2Sprinkle evenly with ginger and garlic.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together the water, soy sauce, and gravy mix.
- 4Pour over meat and vegetables.
- 5Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- 6Increase heat to HIGH; add in broccoli, stir to combine.
- 7Cover and cook 15 minutes or until crisp tender.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- 9Serve over hot rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Beef and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.0
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 492.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 29.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef round steak