Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a recipe I have adopted from the recipe goldmine site. It is simple, delicious, and suitable for OAMC. We enjoy it with rice and broccoli.
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 -8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- Mix all ingredients in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours.
- Note -- since my husband doesn't like to find bits of onion in food, I substituted 1 tsp onion powder. Also, I'm not sure of the envelope size for the gravy mix, but I think they're all pretty much the same.
I'm sorry to say I didn't like this much. it was too salty for me and not the "oriental" flavor I would look for. I will try it again with some changes: less soya sauce, fresh garlic and some ginger maybe? I love my crock pot so will review again with the changes