Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
For people who doesn't like meat but still want the taste...this is a recipe for you :)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup scallion
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- cucumber, sliced
- Burgers: Mash beans and mix in remaning ingredients until well blended.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook patties 3-4 minutes on each side until crusty and no longer pink inside.
- Sauce: Mix ingredients In a small bowl.
- Serve burger on a bun with lettuce, cucumber and sauce.
- NOTE: This burgers can also be grilled.
I'm only reviewing the burger in this recipe and not the sauce, as I did not try that.
I was dissapointed with these in comparision with other bean/veggie burger recipes I've tried. They were too dry and crumbly, and tasted a little too much like plain beans. (They smelled wonderful while cooking, however!) If I were to try making them again, I'd start by cutting the amount of beans in half. This recipe makes more than 4 patties, more like 6-10 burgers. I made 6 large burgers. Perhaps making smaller burgers, they would have held together better and turned out less dry?
I thought these were very good. I made them into 6 patties, and I baked them rather than pan-fried them (at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes). The burgers themselves could have used more spice, I think, but the sauce was very flavorful and the two went very well together. Thanks for posting!