2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 3/4 cup water, boiling
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 can pineapple, crushed,undrained
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, dark,firm packed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water, cold
- 1Cut ribs to form individual portions; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt.
- 2Place ribs on a rack in a shallow baking pan; bake in preheated 375 degree oven until almost tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 3Drain off fat.
- 4Meanwhile, dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water in a medium-size saucepan.
- 5Add oil, pineapple, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce and remaining salt; bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- 7Combine cornstarch with cold water in a small bowl; stir into sauce mixture.
- 8Cook and stir until thickened.
- 9Spoon sauce over drained, baked ribs.
- 10Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees; bake until nicely glazed, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Barbecued Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1187.4
- Calories from Fat 811
- Total Fat 90.1 g
- Saturated Fat 33.8 g
- Cholesterol 294.9 mg
- Sodium 1031.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 65.3 g