Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
- 5 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 3⁄4 cup water, boiling
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 can pineapple, crushed,undrained
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, dark,firm packed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water, cold
- Cut ribs to form individual portions; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Place ribs on a rack in a shallow baking pan; bake in preheated 375 degree oven until almost tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Drain off fat.
- Meanwhile, dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water in a medium-size saucepan.
- Add oil, pineapple, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce and remaining salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with cold water in a small bowl; stir into sauce mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Spoon sauce over drained, baked ribs.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees; bake until nicely glazed, about 30 minutes.