Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a wonderful cold side dish that will make everyone an asparagus lover! I requested this from a friend who brought it to a potluck a few years back, and everyone asked for the recipe for this dish.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- sesame seeds
- Break asparagus into bite size pieces.
- Blanch in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and chill.
- About 1 1/2 hour before serving, combine all ingredients except the sesame seeds and asparagus.
- Pour over the asparagus and chill.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
I made this for my lunch so I cut it down quite a bit. I used seasoned rice vinegar so left out the sugar but it was a tad bit salty to me. Next time I'll use less soy sauce, even though I used low sodium sauce. Made for PAC Spring 2010.