Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from a nut website, and tweaked, this is yummy!
- 1 lb thin green asparagus
- 4 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 ounces unsalted cashews, toasted
- Wash and trim the asparagus. Cut the asparagus into pieces about 1 inch long, reserving tips. Heat the oil in a skillet or wok until hot. Add the garlic, the asparagus and mushrooms. Stir fry for about 2 minutes (or to taste). Now add the wine, soy sauce, the asparagus tips and cashews. Mix well and stir fry for 2 more minutes. Serve warm.
Wonderful recipe and excellent exactly as written! I did however use vegetable broth in place of the white wine, as I had some vegetable broth open in the frige. I also added some slivered sugar peas to the mix and served over white rice. Once again, you have provided us with an excellent and very tasty supper! Thanks so much, Sharon123!
Wonderful rich taste. Everybody was more then happy with this delicious dish.
I had all ingredients by hand and this was the best to combine with white rice and other Asian dishes. We will enjoy this again!
Made this last night to go with orange chicken and Recipe#129263#129263 for DH, his father and I. Wonderful!!!! The only thing different I did was I used up some snow peas (which I blanched and cooled in cold water first) and I didn't have any cashews (DH had eaten them so I toasted up some almonds). This made a big hit. Definately will make this again. Thank you.