Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a wonderful and different way to serve asparagus with an oriental flavor.
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 2 ",pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the asparagus in oil until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add orange juice mixture and tomatoes.
- Heat through.
This was an excellant way to serve asparagus. The dressing realy made it!! Orange juice and ginger worked well together and the sesame oil added a nuttiness to it. I only cooked the asparagus for about 3 or 4 minutes, we like it quite crisp, and just barely heated the tomato halves. It went very nicely with our roast chicken, thanks for sharing.