Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Moms recipe, asparagus with an oriental sauce. Good served warm or cold.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons seaseme oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mix soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, seaseme oil, garlic and ginger.
- Cook asparagus until tender crisp.( microwave 3 minutes covered with 1/4 cup water ).
- Rinse with cold water.
- Pour sauce over while asparagus is still warm.
- Serve warm or cold.
This is the first time that I have used rice vinegar and sesame oil. I had heard that sesame oil is quite strong so I cut that back to 1 tsp to start with and I am glad I did as it was a dominant
flavour. I sprinkled toasted sesame seeds on just before serving. I thought it was quite good but agree with Boomette that fresh garlic and ginger may be even better. Thanks for the recipe. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
This is a great recipe but something was missing in the sauce. Maybe fresh ginger would be better than ground ginger. And finely chopped garlic would add so much flavor. I'll try again :) Thanks red and white kitchen :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game