Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Delightful flavor, serve hot or cold.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Cook asparagus until just tender, I microwave for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water briefly.
- Mix garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar and seaseme oil. Pour over asparagus while still warm.
- Sever hot or cold.
This was very good. It was easy and fast and made for a great side! We roasted the aspargus with the oil instead of microwaving it. Thanks for the post. Made for Pick a Chef tag game.
What a surprise! This is such a low cal way to serve delicious fresh asparagus. I couldn't find my garlic powder so I used a heaping tablespoon of refrigerated minced garlic. It was spectacular!