Quick and simple recipe that I made up - the ingredients combination might be weird but it's delicious!
- 120 g angel hair pasta
- 100 g boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces (breast or thighs)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 small chili, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 100 g long beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (can use green beans)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons honey (or brown sugar)
- First, marinate the chicken with soy sauce, vinegar, 5-spice powder, sesame oil and black pepper in a non-metal bowl, set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted boiling water according to directions on package (mine says 2 minutes), drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok; once hot saute onions and chillies for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and cook another 30sec.
- Add long beans, then cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken pieces and stir continuously until they're completely cooked.
- Push the mixture to one side of the wok (if your wok/pan is too small, remove the mixture before proceeding), then pour the beaten egg and cook until set.
- Scramble the egg and combine with the vegetable mixture (in the wok).
- Add the cooked pasta, mix well and add the sauce ingredients.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes until sauce is well-distributed; taste and adjust seasonings if necessary (I would add some chilli paste and/or tiny bit of soy sauce if necessary).
- If you like, sprinkle with 1/2-1 tsp sesame oil and chopped scallions before serving.