Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make this recipe for pot lucks and school (where I cook) and it goes over really well. People are always asking for the recipe. I got it from our family cook book. We don't use the flavor packet in the ramen noodles because of the msg.
- 1 cabbage, shredded
- 8 green onions
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
- Mix cabbage, onions, sesame seeds, and almonds.
- To make the dressing mix oil, sugar, salt, and vinegar.
- Combine cabbage mixture and dressing.
- Before serving crush the ramen noodles and add to the salad.
I love the tangy flavor and the crunch of this Oriental Almond Slaw. It was one of my favorites!