Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I adapated this recipe from one I found on the side of a box of toasted rice cereal. The ingredients are intriguing and oh so addictive!
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cups toasted rice cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups pretzels
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds or 1⁄4 cup peanuts
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In microwave safe bowl, melt margarine and peanut butter. Stir in soy sauce, sugar, garlic powder, mustard and ginger. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix cereal, pretzels and almonds.
- Gradually pour sauce over cereal mixture and stir until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Bake 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Spread on absorbent paper to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
SUPER!! Thanks for a very tasty different snack, and a new way to use ginger!! You Rock Chris!!
WOW! I doubled this recipe, since my family likes snacking food. The only thing I'd change though is the 'sliced' almonds, they ended up being crumbs with the stirring. I would rec. using whole almonds. This recipe is a keeper!
This was pretty good--super easy to make and has good flavor! I used smart balance light instead of margarine.Thanks for the recipe!