Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
An Easy to make Appetizer that will feed a crowd without straining your budget. (1 day prep time is only because of overnight marinade)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 6 chicken breasts, boned &,skinned
- 24 slices bacon, halved
- 48 party toothpicks
- In a small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, green onion and pepper.
- Slice each chicken breast into 4 strips length wise, then halved.
- Place chicken strips in bowl; pour soy sauce marinade over top and seal.
- Refrigerate overnight; inverting container occasionally.
- Slice bacon strips in half.
- Remove chicken strips from marinade.
- Roll up each chicken strip with a half of bacon; secure with a toothpick.
- Place chicken wraps in baking dish.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes or till chicken and bacon are done.
- Serve with a savory or sweet and sour sauce.
These were wonderful! I preparded excatly as called for in the recipe except I pounded the chicken breast to a uniform size and basically cut it up into same sized chucks - about 2 bites worth. I marinated the meat overnignt and was only left to wrap in bacon and pop in the oven right before our party began. I had some chicken left over marinating that my teenager wrapped in bacon and cooked on the grill the next evening. Very delicious!