Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
I made it up myself because I was bored. These truffles can be made with any type of chocolate. These truffles are great as presents if you put them neatly presented in a box.
- 200 g dark chocolate or 200 g milk chocolate or 200 g white chocolate
- 120 g icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 120 ml double cream
- 1 ounce margarine
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 500 g sugar or 500 g desiccated coconut, whatever you would like the truffles to be coated in
- Break up chocolate into a bowl and melt with the butter over a pan of boiling water. Stir the mixture constantly so it does not curdle.
- Add the egg yolk and take the bowl off the heat and whisk.
- Add the icing sugar and stir thoroughly.
- Add the double cream and whisk until runny. Place the mixture in the fridge for 2-3 hours until the mixture is very firm.
- When firm. dust your hands with cocoa powder and take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball, then roll the ball through either sugar, coconut etc.
- Do this until all the mixture is rolled into balls and then place the truffles in the fridge to set.