Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Creamy mashed potatoes with cream cheese, sour cream, minced garlic, salt pepper butter--all the things that make potatoes yummy!
- 5 lbs potatoes, either red or 5 lbs baking potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (i used the 1/3 less fat kind)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (I use fresh and i use about 3 tablespoons but we REALLY love garlic)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter (one stick)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Peel and boil potatoes until mushy. Drain. Put cream cheese in bottom of pan, put the drained potatoes on top, add garlic, salt pepper, and any other seasonings you want to add Put lid on pan, make sure it is off of heating element and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Once 10 mins has past take lid off, add sour cream, milk and get out your mixer and mix up the potatoes just like mashed potatoes, making sure you scrape the bottom and the sides of the bowl so the cream cheese and sour cream are evenly distributed. once its all mixed in and smooth add the stick of butter and put the lid back on. They are ready to serve once the stick of butter has melted, you can mix it in or just let it pool in there all drippy.
- These potatoes can be made the night before and put in the fridge omitting the stick of butter until you are ready to warm them up on the stove top, stirring frequently. You can also make them ahead and warm them in a crockpot.
I used this recipe last Thanksgiving and plan to use it this year. My family loved it!
my husband and i have taken this recipe to every big getogether and they were always a hit