Recipe by Banriona
This easy crock pot mac and cheese started out as the Paula Deen version, but with some minor changes which have perfected the end result. Made this for a potluck at church and it was devoured by young and old alike. Definite foodgasm material here. *NOTE* THIS RECIPE IS SCALED FOR LARGE GROUPS - SCALE DOWN AS NEEDED.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 5 ounces gruyere, shredded
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Boil the macaroni in a 2 quart saucepan in plenty of water until al dente, about 7 minutes Drain and leave to cool.
- 2) Meanwhile, in heated crock pot melt butter and cheese. Once cheese is completely melted, slowly stir in sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper and stir well until completely combined.
- 3) Beat eggs thoroughly in a small mixing bowl and then add to mixture in crock pot. Stir thoroughly.
- 4) Add drained noodles to crock pot and stir until completely coated with cheese mixture.
- 5) Set the slow cooker on low setting and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.