Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This easy crock pot mac and cheese started out as the Paula Deen version, but with some minor changes which have perfected the end result. Made this for a potluck at church and it was devoured by young and old alike. Definite foodgasm material here. *NOTE* THIS RECIPE IS SCALED FOR LARGE GROUPS - SCALE DOWN AS NEEDED.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 5 ounces gruyere, shredded
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1) Boil the macaroni in a 2 quart saucepan in plenty of water until al dente, about 7 minutes Drain and leave to cool.
- 2) Meanwhile, in heated crock pot melt butter and cheese. Once cheese is completely melted, slowly stir in sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper and stir well until completely combined.
- 3) Beat eggs thoroughly in a small mixing bowl and then add to mixture in crock pot. Stir thoroughly.
- 4) Add drained noodles to crock pot and stir until completely coated with cheese mixture.
- 5) Set the slow cooker on low setting and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.