Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A super energy drink packed full of fruit, perfect to kick start any (and every) day!
- 8 ounces ice cubes
- 1 -2 ripe banana
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup organic vanilla yogurt (substitute flavor to suit your taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1⁄2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen whole strawberries
- 2 cups orange juice
- fill your blender with ingredients and blend until smooth. Generally, I maintain the basic recipe: i.e., Ripe bananas, strawberries, yogurt, honey, flax seeds and orange juice. I change the fruit depending on availability. I love this with a slice of toasted Ezekiel bread!
Very nice, tasty and healthy way to start my morning. I cut the recipe in half, used 1 banana (next time I will use 1/2), 1/4 cup of yogurt and about 1/4 cup of OJ which was a good consistency for me. Love flax in my smoothies! Thanks for posting!
In need of super energy been running on fumes (in more ways the one) Kids out of school, relatives dropping in on their way to vacation (what's that?) Got up @ 5AM, reduced the recipe to serve 2 (all 4 me) sat on the patio while everyone was in bed and watch the sunrise. Then polished off the rest midmorning when I really need it to make it thru..........Thanks for sharing.
Delicious and filling, a great way to start the day. I loved the combination of fruits and the addition of flax seed. Thanks for sharing your recipe!