Recipe by Green Cuisine
The yogurt makes these whole wheat pancakes taste moist and delicious. I mix up the batter plain and then throw on diced fruit or nuts on top after I pour it onto the griddle, but before I turn them over. My toddler son loves berries or bananas on his and I prefer walnuts or pecans.
- 1 1⁄3 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons organic sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup organic whole milk plain yogurt
- 1 cup organic milk (whole, 2% or skim all work fine)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Combine yogurt, milk and oil and then add to dry mixture.
- Stir just until moistened and all lumps are removed.
- Cook on griddle over medium heat. I use a little bit of organic butter to coat the pan, but any spray would work as well.