- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, in bite size pieces
- 4 ounces black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 8 basil leaves, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Toss vigorously with half the oil and set aside to cool. Add all the remaining ingredients. Toss well and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minute before serving.
- Wine: a dry white.
- From the book Pasta by Fabrizio Ungaro. Published by The Wine Appreciation Guild.
- I like to use organic pasta, also have gluten free corn pasta. delicious!