Recipe by Rob Mitchell
Great recipe, very comforting, healthy desert.
Top Review by zaar junkie
This was just okay for me. I followed the recipe exactly, using soymilk I regularly enjoy, but there was something off about the flavor for me. I used pure vanilla extract too. Can't seem to pinpoint what the problem is. It was an easy and quick recipe though, one that most people here have enjoyed! Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup natural unbleached cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first three ingredients in a saucepan.
- Combine milk and egg in a bowl.
- Gradually add milk mixture to sugar mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Cook for one additional minute after bubbling starts, stirring constantly.
- Serve warm, place plastic wrap on surface and cool to room temperature or chill thoroughly.