Recipe by Amiable
I have allergies to preservatives and can't have anything with corn syrup in it, my kids are allergic to milk and family members are celiac. This recipe works for us all.
- 3⁄4 cup organic brown rice syrup
- 3⁄4 cup organic earth's best margarine
- 1⁄4 cup organic cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups organic brown sugar
- 11 cups organic puffed brown rice cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix syrup, margarine, cocoa and brown sugar in stainless steel pan.
- Bring to boiling and boil 5 minutes (no longer, no less).
- Remove from heat, add puffed rice and stir to blend.
- Put in greased 9"x13" pan. Press with fingers to pack.
- Let cool slightly and cut into squares. Let cool completely.