Recipe by mommascootsie
This face mask contains ingredients most people have in their pantry right now. Feel good about what you are putting on your skin! This is a great and EFFECTIVE way to achieve that soft, glowing, radiant look safely and at a very low cost! Please try to use organic honey if possible. If you water this paste down slightly it makes an excellent face scrub and whole body exfoliator. CAUTION: baking soda is high in sodium (salt). Take care not to get it in your eyes or nose.
- 4 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 2 teaspoons water (or less, just enough to form a thick paste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour baking soda into a clean glass container. Add the honey. Now slowly add water a very small amount at a time, and using the handle of a spoon, form mixture into a thick paste.
- Apply paste onto clean skin of face taking care to avoid eyes and nostril area. Allow the paste to sit for 15-20min. It will begin to feel drier, but not hard or too tight. You may feel a very slight tingle.
- Moisten a washcloth with warm water, wring it out, and buff the paste off face using gentle circular motions. Then rinse thoroughly with water and pat dry.
- Any left over mixture can be used the next day or two. Just add a little water if it has hardened. Or, add water to leftover paste and use in the shower on your body as an exfoliator.