Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an organic solution that will take care of all the pesky creatures in your garden; insect or four legged. I found it on an organic gardening site recently, and it worked so well, I had to share it! Evaluate the pest situation after applying and adjust the water dilution as necessary. It will be pungent when first applied, but the smell will dissipate. Spray every few days until pests are gone. Respray after rain, and about every week to ten days thereafter.
- 3 bulbs of garlic, separated. No need to peel (6-10 cloves per bulb)
- 6 large hot chili peppers (or 1-2 T hot chili powder)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dish detergent
- 7 cups water, divided
- Put all ingredients except water into blender. Add 2 Cups of the water and blend well.
- Strain through muslin, coffee filter, or the like. A mesh strainer over a quart-sized pyrex measure is perfect.
- Pour into spray bottle and add remaining water to dilute.
Okay, I've mixed this up and sprayed it on my plants....so far it seems to be working! If my pests start to adapt to it, I'll come back and let you know :)
I've made this solution twice to get rid of whiteflies. It seems to be working. I used hot chili powder. It's also a very good way to use up garlic if it starts to go bad.