Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make these with all organic/ natural ingredients. They taste just like they came out of a box, and the cupcakes have no egg and no dairy so they are a nice treat for anyone with allergies. For the best flavor use extra virgin coconut oil. I served these at my 5 year olds birthday party, along with store bought brownies. We brought most of the brownies home, the cupcakes were all gone :)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar (evaporated cane juice or raw cane sugar works)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup coconut oil, melted (or other vegetable oil)
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add oil, water, vinegar and vanilla.
- Fill well greased mini muffin tins 2/3 full with mixture. Or use cupcake papers for easier removal, and nicer presentation.
- Bake 10-15 minutes. Until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar in small bowl at high speed, until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Top cooled cupcakes with icing and serve, or refrigerate until needed.
I made these exactly as described and they were amazing. The only thing i changed was I added beet root that I dehydrated the night before and ground up, to the frosting as it was mixing. I was looking for the blood red colour - without the chemicals, thank you very much! Turned out amazing and was so light and fluffy. Picture attached (12 red/pink cupcakes with eyeballs all over, halloween treats)
Made these cupcakes for a party, BEST healthy organic cupcakes I have ever made/had. Thank you so much for posting this recipe. Healthy but doesn't sacrifice any flavor at all, and you can eat them without feeling the regret of ingesting GMOs
spectacular recipe. made the cupcakes for my son's 4th birthday, to take to school for his friends and teachers. the empty pan came back with a note from the director, saying how great the cupcakes were and that all the teachers wanted a copy of the recipe. i had to double the frosting - probably because we were being too generous slathering it on... Also, in my oven the cupcakes took 18 minutes @ 350 to "mature" appropriately :).