Recipe by LiloBrat05
"Looking for something sweet and all natural? I made this for my husband's birthday and we all fell in love with it. I used only all natural or organic ingredients. I don't use the nuts however, I've included them in the recipe because I know a lot of people enjoy them. Excellent with whipped cream or vanilla frosting! Both home made of course."
- 1⁄2-1 cup organic unbleached cane sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons organic real vanilla
- 2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups finely chopped organic apples
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 cup walnuts (optional) or 1 cup pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugar, oil and eggs.
- Add vanilla, soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and apples. Mix, then stir in flour and (optional) nuts.
- Put in greased 9x13 pan.(Be sure to flour your pan also if using a bundt pan.).
- Top with brown sugar.
- Bake for 40 mins - 1 hour (depending on your pan)or until toothpick comes out clean.