These are cute little turkeys made out of oreo cookies and candy pieces. They are even easy enough for young children to help make. Gobble! Gobble!
- 2 Oreo Double Stuff cookies
- 1 malted milk balls (like a whopper)
- 4 -6 candy corn
- icing (optional)
- Take 1 oreo apart. This will be the base.
- Place the whole oreo on its side on the base, so that it sticks to white of the oreo.
- In front of the oreo on its side, place a malted-milk ball for the turkeys head.
- Place candy corn, points down, in between the oreo cookie that is standing on it's side.
- Use icing for eyes and waddle if you want.
Had to make them without double stuff Oreos, but they worked great anyway. Kids had lots of fun!
Too cute! I couldn't resist! I made these to take w/ me to DS's for my grandsons. I used a couple of ideas from a similar recipe for this turkey, subbing Rollo's for the mini peanut butter cups b/c of a grandson's peanut allergy. I split one Oreo double stuff and, after putting in the candy corn tail feathers, sat the "tail" firmly into the white filling of the split cookie. I dabbed a bit of chocolate frosting onto the bottom and one side of the Rollo and "glued" it to the "tail" and the white "snow-covered" ground. "Glued" the malted milk ball onto the Rollo. I noticed that some of the candy corn didn't have the white tip so I broke of the orange tips for the "beaks"... which I "glued" on w/ the frosting. By this time the turkeys were starting to get some personality! I used yellow gel to make "feet" on the "snow" under the turkeys. I used red decorating gel to make the "snoods" and "wattles" across the "beak" and hanging down one side. I used blue decorating gel to make "eye"... too cute. The blue didn't show up as blue b/c of the dark background of the malted milk ball... but they're great! My DD who dropped by w/ my granddaughters LOVED them and I had to send two home for the girls. I'm sure they're going to be a HUGE hit when I get to my son's house for Thanksgiving! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!