- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 16 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 cups thawed whipped topping
- fresh strawberries (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer at low speed until moistened.
- Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chopped cookies.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- Cool completely.
- Fold 3/4 cup chopped cookies and sliced strawberries into whipped cream in large bowl.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with half the whipped cream mixture.
- Top with remaining cake layer; spread top with remaining half of whipped cream mixture.
- Garnish with strawberries and remaining chopped cookies.