Recipe by Dotty2
Such an easy Square to make but a favorite to many. This square was served at a wedding reception on the dainty tray.
Top Review by andypandy
Had a small get together today so I made these to go on the plate too. Easy simple, and tasty.I frosted thinly with a chocolate plain icing, with finely chopped pecans over top. None left for my freezer, went over very well.
- 2 eggs, beaten (lightly)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup butter (or magerine, but do not use soft marg)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (or 1 box)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a separete bowl beat eggs lightly.
- Melt butter over med high heat.
- add Brown sugar and heat until just boiling (sir occasionally so it doesn't burn).
- Remove brown sugar mixture from heat and stir gradually into egg mixture.
- add vanilla,crumbs and pecans.
- Mix and put into 9x9 pan.
- Frost with your favorite vanilla frosting or Cream cheese frosting.
- NOTE: 2 cups oreo crumbs and 2 cups Graham wafer crumbs can be used in place of all oreo crumbs. Enjoy!