Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Do try to be humble as your family and friends give you a standing ovation for this camp fire master piece. You will NEVER have another camp fire with out these. I got this recipe from a tv show years ago. I changed one thing and ta-dah the marshmallowless s'more was born!
- 6 Oreo cookies, twisted apart so you have 12 halves
- 6 teaspoons peanut butter
- 6 dark chocolate squares (I use Ghirardelli 60%cacao, it comes in a bag)
- 1 -2 banana, sliced into 1/4 to 1/2 inch coins
- cooking spray
- Twist apart the Oreo's. If you break one, have a near by child eat it and twist apart another one until you have 6 perfectly halved oreo's. Spread about 1 teaspoons of peanut butter on one side of your oreo pairs. Slap a dark chocolate square on top of the peanut butter then set aside. I make a bunch of these up in advance and place them on a tray. Later at the camp fire. Use a foil lined,sprayed mountain pie maker to cook sliced bananas. Flip the mountain pie maker to be sure boths sides are cooked- about 2 minutes. Use a fork to place hot bananas on top of dark chocolate, then top with other half of oreo.
- Every year we have a contest- every year this is still the champ.
She's right...you'll never have a campfire without these again! We just use a chocolate peanut butter cup and a roasted marshmallow sandwiched in between an Oreo (twisted apart). Decadent!