Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
HIDE THIS FROM YOUR FAMILY:) Or, you can be nice and share some! This is SOOOO good, and no one would ever think it all started with a mix!
- 24 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped (I find it easier to cut the cookies more neatly if they've been chilled for about 15 minutes)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 (16 ounce) packageyellow poundcake mix (Betty Crocker is good)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine the chopped cookies, flour, and melted butter; stir in the chocolate chips.
- Set aside.
- Prepare the cake mix with the water and eggs as directed on the package.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into a greased 9" or 10" tube pan; sprinkle 2 cups of the Oreo mixture evenly over the batter.
- Cover with remaining batter and Oreo mixture; press the cookies gently into the top of the cake.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; loosen edges of cake from the pan and carefully invert.
- Cool completely.
- Combine the powdered sugar and milk; drizzle over the cooled cake.
I had this cake at my SIL's house and it was so good that I told my sister about it and she found it in a cookbook but here it is already posted, darn! Well, I'm glad you did because it tastes amazing despite it starting out with a mix and is a fabulous company cake.
This was awesome! I will be making them in mini pans for christmas to take along to parties! It was heavy and filling but really yummy... especially with vanilla ice cream when it was warm.