Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
HIDE THIS FROM YOUR FAMILY:) Or, you can be nice and share some! This is SOOOO good, and no one would ever think it all started with a mix!
Top Review by scancan
I had this cake at my SIL's house and it was so good that I told my sister about it and she found it in a cookbook but here it is already posted, darn! Well, I'm glad you did because it tastes amazing despite it starting out with a mix and is a fabulous company cake.
- 24 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped (I find it easier to cut the cookies more neatly if they've been chilled for about 15 minutes)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 (16 ounce) packageyellow poundcake mix (Betty Crocker is good)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine the chopped cookies, flour, and melted butter; stir in the chocolate chips.
- Set aside.
- Prepare the cake mix with the water and eggs as directed on the package.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into a greased 9" or 10" tube pan; sprinkle 2 cups of the Oreo mixture evenly over the batter.
- Cover with remaining batter and Oreo mixture; press the cookies gently into the top of the cake.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; loosen edges of cake from the pan and carefully invert.
- Cool completely.
- Combine the powdered sugar and milk; drizzle over the cooled cake.