Recipe by Jessica Costello
I was making a pound cake for a gift for a friend when I came up with this one. It is so good. The person who received it told me that I am going straight to hell for making this (she ate the WHOLE THING IN ONE DAY!) so I guess I will be seeing my mother in law in my hereafter! LOL! It has a nice texture and flavor, it is messy to finish, but the end result is worth it. You really do not NEED to do the icing, but it adds a nice finish. (It will also fill in the chunks you pick off!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter (softened NO SUBSTITUTIONS)
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies (do not even think of using reduced fat or those ones that are already crushed up!)
- 1 cup vanilla frosting (Betty Crocker works great!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Mix until well blended.
- Fold cookies in until well blended.
- Pour into greased and floured (be sure to generously grease and flour pan) 10x6-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour or until knife comes out clean.
- let cake cool completely (you may want to leave the house as the smell could cause you to tear into it before you have a chance to ice it).
- Place cake on wax paper.
- Heat frosting in it's container in microwave 20 seconds or until it can be poured.
- Pour over cake.
- Garnish with additional crushed cookies.