Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was making a pound cake for a gift for a friend when I came up with this one. It is so good. The person who received it told me that I am going straight to hell for making this (she ate the WHOLE THING IN ONE DAY!) so I guess I will be seeing my mother in law in my hereafter! LOL! It has a nice texture and flavor, it is messy to finish, but the end result is worth it. You really do not NEED to do the icing, but it adds a nice finish. (It will also fill in the chunks you pick off!)
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Mix until well blended.
- Fold cookies in until well blended.
- Pour into greased and floured (be sure to generously grease and flour pan) 10x6-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour or until knife comes out clean.
- let cake cool completely (you may want to leave the house as the smell could cause you to tear into it before you have a chance to ice it).
- Place cake on wax paper.
- Heat frosting in it's container in microwave 20 seconds or until it can be poured.
- Pour over cake.
- Garnish with additional crushed cookies.
delicious!!!! i added about 1/2 cup of cream, and my cake was nice and moist. my only complaint: 1 cup of oreos is way to little!!!!! next time i'll add more!
Made this cake for my son's birthday yesterday. Followed the advice of the other reviews and added a half cup of 1/2 & 1/2 as well as instant vanilla pudding AND the extra 1/2 cup of oreos. Turned out beautifully except that I overcooked it a tad. Next time I will stick to the one hour bake time and not worry about the clean knife test.
I also frosted with simple chocolate ganache instead of the ready made frosting.
Everyone loved this cake - I will definitely make again.