Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A favorite of kids and adults! Great for a holiday dinner or office pitch-in. And it's SO easy!
- 1 (18 ounce) package Oreo cookies
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- green food coloring
- Crush Oreos for the crust (a food processor works wonders).
- Reserve 1/4 to 1/2 cup for the top of dessert, set aside.
- Combine remaining crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9"x13" cake pan.
- Set aside.
- With a mixer, combine pudding and milk, mixing well.
- Fold in Cool Whip until well blended.
- Fold in softened ice cream.
- Add food coloring to 'perk up' the color to a nice pastel green (if desired).
- Pour pudding mixture onto Oreo crust.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cookie crumbs and freeze.
- When getting ready to serve, let it sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or on the counter for 30 minutes.
My mother used to make this for me growing up. I LOVE this stuff!!
Yummy! We really enjoyed this dessert. I cut the recipe in half and made it in an 8x8 pan since there is only two of us. I think any pudding flavor would work fine (you couldn't really taste the pistachio, anyways). We loved the oreo crust! Thanks for the recipe, Sue.