Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Oreo crust, chocolate pudding, whipped cream. Hubby's favorite!
Make and share this Oreo Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder (chopped fine) or 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate (chopped fine)
- 2 3⁄4 cups whole milk
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- mix oreo crumbs and butter together.
- Press into a pie pan.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
- Sift together the sugar, cornstarch, salt and cocoa in a medium saucepan.
- Blend in the egg yolks, milk, and butter with a whisk.
- Cook and whisk constantly over medium-medium high heat for 6-8 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens, then cook for 1 minute more.
- As the mixture comes to a boil it will start to look lumpy. Just whisk vigorously to smooth it out.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Poor into crust.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with sweatened whipped cream topping:.
- Beat topping ingredients in a mixing bowl until soft peaks form, scraping sides of bowl periodically. Do not over whip!