Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Source: Kraft foods ***Note: This cheesecake needs to refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.***
- 1 (15 ounce) package peanut butter-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Finely crush 16 of the cookies.
- Coarsely chop remaining 14 cookies; set aside.
- Mix finely crushed cookies and butter.
- Press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add sour cream and peanut butter; mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Gently stir in chopped cookies. Pour over crust.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run knife or metal spatula around side of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing side of pan.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Made this yesterday for my dad.I made the crust out of whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, xylitol, and butter. I instead of sugar added 1/8 tsp stevia, and left out the cookies. he said its very good, though very dense, maybe dry? ( maybe because no suger?)but the flavor is there for sure. next time I might cut back on the sour cream and add heavy cream. thanks so much for sharing.
This was very rich and creamy. I love the oreos and peanut butter together. Thanks for a great recipe! Made for Recipe Swap.
Delicious cheesecake! I love making cheesecakes and this one was a winner in our family. I didn't have sour cream, so I used some vanilla low fat yogurt. I put some chocolate syrup on top this time for some extra chocolate as we love chocolate and peanut butter. Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14