What fun! I got this from a Family Fun magazine, I believe. After 1st review, I went back to clarify some instructions to make it easier. :D Have fun!
- 20 wooden popsicle sticks or 20 lollipop sticks
- 20 Oreo Double Stuff cookies (must use Double Stuff or it won't work)
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I use 1/4 block paraffin)
- chopped nuts
- colored sprinkles
- miniature candies like miniature M&M's chocolate candies or Reese's pieces
- To form Oreo® Pops, hold both outsides of oreo with good hold but not too hard, slide the stick in the cream filling gently glide it in but make sure not to have it go to the other side. (I have also heard if you put them on the defrost mode of microwave for 10 seconds before putting the stick in that it helps). Put in freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate and oil until melted and smooth, stirring constantly. I have melted in this in the microwave on 70% power for 1 minute - stir, then additional 20-30 seconds until melted.
- Dip each cookie into the melted chocolate, coating evenly. Place dipped cookies on greased waxed paper and decorate with your choice of items.
- Put cookies in fridge for an hour or until set. Then wrap in plastic wrap and tie with a bow for gift-giving.