Recipe by Lalaloob
Outrageous Brownies with a twist. Rich, yum and a real crowd pleaser. Can freeze and have some for unexpected company. Enjoy. Lolly
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
I have to give these five stars because my chocolate-wary husband (crazy, I know) thought they were great! These are super moist - I baked mine for 25 minutes and probably could have stopped at 20 minutes. For my own tastes, I might go with half as much coffee next time and/or use milk chocolate chips, maybe "double stuff" oreos. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups butter
- 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Oreo cookies, chopped up (50 cookies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°. Butter and flour an 11 1/2" x 17 1/4" x 1" baking pan.
- In a heatproof medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, heat butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, coffee, vanilla and sugar. Blend chocolate mixture into egg mixture; cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, sift together one cup flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. In a small bowl, stir Oreos and remaining 1/4 cup flour. Add Oreo mixture to chocolate mixture. Pour batter into baking pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 3 inches from center comes out clean; DO NOT OVER BAKE -- Allow to cool. Refrigerate, tightly wrapped, until cold; cut into squares.