Recipe by busymommybee
My family loves Oreo cookies. I found this recipe in a Kraft cookbook. You can use any flavor oreos- my DH is an oreo junkie & loves this dessert.
Top Review by IAcupcake
This is best the day after you make it. The flavor of the cream cheese won't be as strong. I added a little more butter to the crust because it was too crumbly for me. I let the crust chill for 30 minutes to get hard before I put the filling in. A great dessert!
- 1 (1 lb) package Oreo cookies, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with foil extending over sides of pan.
- Coarsely chop 15 of the cookies; set aside.
- Finely crush remaining cookies; mix with butter. Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on medium until well blended.
- Gently stir in whipped topping and chopped cookies.
- Spoon over crust; cover.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.