Prep 45 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I don't remember where I found this recipe, but it has been a favorite for many years. It is a switch to the traditional tiramisu, and heaven for oreo lovers like my family. This recipe makes two pies, and you will be glad you have both because it will go fast! I am sure you could try to half the recipe, but we love it so much I always need two. I hope you enjoy as much as we do! Time includes chill time.
- 2 pre-made 9-inch Oreo cookie pie crust
- 2 lightly beaten egg whites
- 28 divided Oreo cookies
- 4 cups whole berry strawberry preserves
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh raspberries (or frozen and thawed)
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (or frozen and thawed)
- whipped cream
- fresh berries (to garnish)
- Remove pie crusts from tins and press into 9" springform pans.
- Brush crusts lightly with egg whites and bake @ 350 for five minutes.
- When crusts cool, line side of each pan with 14 oreo cookie halves, set aside.
- In small saucepan, simmer strawberry preserves until reduced by 1/4, remove and cool.
- In mixer, blend mascarpone and cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth, set aside.
- Cover each pie crust with 3/4 c of preserves and top with 2 c of cheese mix, smoothing the top.
- For each pie, distribute 1 c of fresh rasberries/strawberries over cheese mix.
- Lay remaining oreo cookies on top of fruit and press lightly.
- Repeat layers of preserves and cheese and top with fresh berries.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and berries.