1/4 Photos of Oreo Mint Ice Cream
Hey Jude's Note:
I found this yummy ice cream recipe in Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book. I changed it only slightly, adding more Oreos and adding the Oreos to the ice cream freezing process a little sooner. It's very good! Cook time is the freezing process time and for my Cuisinart freezer, that's about 20 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place cookies in a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- 2Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes; whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 more minute.
- 3Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend.
- 4Add the peppermint extract and blend again.
- 5Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.
- 6While the ice cream is somewhat loose but on it's way to being frozen, add the chopped cookies and continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
- 7At this point, I transfer the ice cream to a plastic container and put it in the freezer to harden (ripen) completely.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oreo Mint Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3300.6
- Calories from Fat 2037
- Total Fat 226.3 g
- Saturated Fat 128.5 g
- Cholesterol 1058.2 mg
- Sodium 1254.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 290.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 217.6 g
- Protein 39.3 g