1/4 Photos of Oreo Mint Ice Cream
Hey Jude's Note:
I found this yummy ice cream recipe in Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book. I changed it only slightly, adding more Oreos and adding the Oreos to the ice cream freezing process a little sooner. It's very good! Cook time is the freezing process time and for my Cuisinart freezer, that's about 20 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place cookies in a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- 2Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes; whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 more minute.
- 3Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend.
- 4Add the peppermint extract and blend again.
- 5Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.
- 6While the ice cream is somewhat loose but on it's way to being frozen, add the chopped cookies and continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
- 7At this point, I transfer the ice cream to a plastic container and put it in the freezer to harden (ripen) completely.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oreo Mint Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3300.6
- Calories from Fat 2037
- Total Fat 226.3 g
- Saturated Fat 128.5 g
- Cholesterol 1058.2 mg
- Sodium 1254.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 290.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 217.6 g
- Protein 39.3 g