I found this yummy ice cream recipe in Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book. I changed it only slightly, adding more Oreos and adding the Oreos to the ice cream freezing process a little sooner. It's very good! Cook time is the freezing process time and for my Cuisinart freezer, that's about 20 minutes.
- Place cookies in a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes; whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 more minute.
- Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend.
- Add the peppermint extract and blend again.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.
- While the ice cream is somewhat loose but on it's way to being frozen, add the chopped cookies and continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
- At this point, I transfer the ice cream to a plastic container and put it in the freezer to harden (ripen) completely.