Tartufo is an Italian word for truffle and these chocolate balls resemble giant ones! Keep plenty on hand in your freezer for an impressive dessert that's ready in minutes.
- Using a 1 1/2 cup ice cream scoop, scoop ice cream into 6 balls; roll in chopped cookies.
- Place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet; cover and freeze at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Heat chocolate chips and oil in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Place ice cream balls on wire rack.
- Ladle 2 tablespoons melted chocolate over each ball, coating the top and sides.
- Freeze at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Spoon raspberry sauce into dessert dishes or onto serving plates.
- Cut each tartufo in half or quarters; arrange on top of sauce.
- Garnish with raspberries.
- Serve immediately.