1/1 Photo of Oreo Ice Cream Tartufo
Ashley U's Note:
Tartufo is an Italian word for truffle and these chocolate balls resemble giant ones! Keep plenty on hand in your freezer for an impressive dessert that's ready in minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a 1 1/2 cup ice cream scoop, scoop ice cream into 6 balls; roll in chopped cookies.
- 2Place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet; cover and freeze at least 2 hours or until firm.
- 3Heat chocolate chips and oil in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
- 5Place ice cream balls on wire rack.
- 6Ladle 2 tablespoons melted chocolate over each ball, coating the top and sides.
- 7Freeze at least 1 hour or until firm.
- 8Spoon raspberry sauce into dessert dishes or onto serving plates.
- 9Cut each tartufo in half or quarters; arrange on top of sauce.
- 10Garnish with raspberries.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oreo Ice Cream Tartufo
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.1
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 175.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 57.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g