Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tartufo is an Italian word for truffle and these chocolate balls resemble giant ones! Keep plenty on hand in your freezer for an impressive dessert that's ready in minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 pints chocolate ice cream
- 15 Oreo cookies, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed, pureed and strained
- fresh raspberry (for garnish)
- Using a 1 1/2 cup ice cream scoop, scoop ice cream into 6 balls; roll in chopped cookies.
- Place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet; cover and freeze at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Heat chocolate chips and oil in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Place ice cream balls on wire rack.
- Ladle 2 tablespoons melted chocolate over each ball, coating the top and sides.
- Freeze at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Spoon raspberry sauce into dessert dishes or onto serving plates.
- Cut each tartufo in half or quarters; arrange on top of sauce.
- Garnish with raspberries.
- Serve immediately.
This were OK but they where lacking something. There needs to be a "surprise' in the middle, I think (perhaps a small ball of raspberry sorbet inside the bigger chocolate ball). Having said that, they are incredibly easy to make.
Outstanding recipe. I made these a week before I was to serve them and everyone loved them. I forgot to buy the raspberries so I used strawberry sauce Strawberry Dessert Sauce instead. This is a great dessert that can be made ahead of time. There are a number of steps in making the dessert, but each one is very simple. I would recommend this to anyone. Thanks for a crowd pleasing recipe.
Man!!! That sounds good ur making me hungary!!! And it's only 5!!!