Recipe by Aroostook
This cake is a frozen hot funge sundae to go! Posted by request, this recipe is an adaptation to a "Just Chocolate" cake. Easy, easy!!
Top Review by The Enchantress
This cake was very good and so easy to make. I made it for my daughters birthday instead of buying from a chain ice cream store. It cost less than half of what the store wanted and was just as good. Everyone at the party was wanting me to leave it there so they could have more. I am making this again for my son's birthday in a few days. We are going to change it a little using chocolate ice cream and flavored whip topping. We all loved this. Thanks.
- 1 package Oreo cookies (3-roll pkg)
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint hot fudge, heated
- 1 quart Cool Whip, non-dairy topping defrosted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted mixed nuts (optional)
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter lightly 9x13-inch baking pan (or use vegetable spray).
- Place Oreos in a plastic bag and crush fine with a rolling pin.
- Spread them on bottom of baking pan and pour butter over top.
- Press cookies to form a crust.
- Spread the ice cream over crust Pour hot fudge sauce over ice cream.
- Freeze 30 min.
- until chocolate sauce has cooled Spread w/ Cool- Whip over chocolate.
- Top with nuts.
- Return to freezer until ready and serve.
- Pat dry cherries Top w/ cherries Cut and serve Serves 10 to 12.