Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This easy ice cream cake can be made days in advance. Try it with your favorite ice cream.
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 gallon ice cream (any flavor)
- Crush 25 cookies; pat down in 9x13-inch pan.
- Melt margarine and chocolate in sauce pan.
- Add beaten eggs a little at a time and powdered sugar.
- Stir until warm and fudgy (do not boil).
- Spread over cookie crust.
- Freeze 30 minutes.
- Cut ice cream into sections and place in pan.
- Softened ice cream works best.
- Use a rubber spatula to smooth out top.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs on top.
- Freeze at least 2 hours, until solid.
- Cut and serve.
I made this for my thirteenth birthday sleepover and it was an absolute hit! We made it the night before and it was frozen enough by the time we got it out to eat. This cake's creamy ice cream flavor blended perfectly with the rich, chocolate crust at the bottom. This cake was so good, that when one of my friends woke up first, she went and got some more of it while everyone else was still sleeping! The only bad thing that was that some of the Oreo crumbs on the bottom didn't stick to the cake. I fixed this by just scooping the loose crumbs back onto the top of the cake. No big deal! :)
This was great! Vey easy to make, I how ever didnt have any trouble with the bottom crust sticking together... I added some cool whip to the top before freezing it.. it was a hit, thanks for sharing!