Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This taste like ice cream, but it so is not! It's very easy to make, and my kids love love love it! As soon as it is ready, it is gone!!! I got the recipe from Kraft. Cooking time is freezer time.
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate squares
- 14 Oreo cookies, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- Melt chocolate, set aside to cool.
- Line 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with foil, ends of foil should extend over sides of pan.Arrange 8 of the cookies evenly on the bottom of the pan. Crumble remaining 6 cookies, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Stir in whipped topping. Remove about 1 1/2 cups of the cream cheese mixture, place in a medium bowl, stir in melted chocolate.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over cookies in pan, sprinkle with crumbled cookies. Gently press cookies into cream cheese mixture with back of spoon, top with chocolate cream cheese mixture.
- Cover. Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer invert onto serving plate, peel off foil.
- Let stand at room temperature to soften slightly before slicing.
I can see why this is a popular treat at your house! It's super easy to make & looks so fun to eat when frozen. I love that it has the cream cheese to balance the sweetness of the cookies & whipped cream. It's a fluffy, creamy dessert accented with the crunch of the cookies. After turning it out I started to get all sorts of ideas! I pictured arranging the cookies into domino patterns & making a domino themed cake for a game night. Or using individual ramekins for single serving cakes and even using different types of cookies (although I'll always prefer the Oreos. :)) Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, Billie! I'll be making it again & again! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2009 Pick A Chef Orphanage.
See the Oreo ice cream cake it was so good and my kids love it...