Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I've never made this but I tasted a bit, that was all that was left, and it was really good. It only has 4 ingredients and sounds super easy to make. I think you could easily substitute homemade sauce for the hershey's. I think it would be great to take to a potluck because you wouldn't have to worry about keeping it warm or making sure it doesn't spill on the way there.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) package Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) jarof hershey's hot fudge
- 1 1⁄2 gallons vanilla ice cream
- Grease a 9x13" pan.
- Crush the cookies, either in a food processor or put them in a plastic bag and beat the heck out of them. Layer half of the crumbs in the pan.
- Spread the softened ice cream over the cookies.
- Warm the fudge until pourable in the microwave and pour over the ice cream.
- Spread the Cool Whip over the fudge. Then cover with the rest of the oreos.
- Put it in the freezer for probably at least two hours or until it gets firm.
- Take it out of the freezer about 20 minutes before you want to serve it.
This was great. I had problem with Oreo crust falling apart, but it didn't change how good and easy this was. Will make again for party's. Made for PAC 09