Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in my sister's cookbook.
- 1 (25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup shortening
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soften unflavored gelatin in cold water.
- Set in heat-proof cup in pan simmering until clear.
- Let cool.
- Cream together shortening, powered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add cooled gelatin to mixture.
- Beat for 10 minute.
- Put a spoonful onto cookie.
- Top with another cookie.
- Press two cookies together to spread filling.