Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
YUM! While I haven't made these yet, they seem quite seductive;) And since the cookies are covered in a basic batter and labeled as doughnuts, it WOULD be okay to eat them for breakfast, wouldn't it? I know my 2 1/2 year old son would agree:)
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat the milk and eggs until well blended.
- Add to the flour mixture; blend well.
- Let batter stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 3" of oil in a deep fryer or deep saucepan.
- Dip the Oreos, one at a time, into the batter, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Fry 3-4 cookies at a time, until golden brown, turning to cook both sides.
- Drain on paper towels; dust with powdered sugar, and serve warm.
These are so easy to make. I love doughnuts and I would rather make these than go to the store and buy them. I also made some cinnamon sugar and added it to the powderd sugar and they were great!
Trans Fat, in a donut?! With Oreos? No waaaaay. Surely you jest. Lol. ;) I have had this at a fair before, and loved it. They actually had several of them on a stick, but I like bite sized better. Thanks!
There is trans fat in it