Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 min
This is a twist on an old favorite pudding dessert. Everyone loves Oreos, so why not incorporate them into this fabulous dessert. Always requested, never any leftovers!
- 1 (20 ounce) package Oreo cookies, Crushed
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 5 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (12 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Crush Oreos, and place in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish (reserve about 1/2 cup of oreos for topping).
- Put cream cheese and sugar in mixing bowl and mix until creamy.
- add 1/2 cup milk to cream cheese and continue to mix.
- add 1 container Cool Whip to cream cheese mixture, mix until smooth and creamy.
- pour/spoon cream cheese mixture over Oreos, and spread as carefully as you can, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- in Mixing bowl, put the 3 packages of chocolate pudding mix and 5 cups of milk, mix until smooth, and pour over cream cheese mixture in pan. Put in fridge and allow pudding to set (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from fridge and top with remaining container of cool whip; sprinkle reserved oreos over the top, serve or return to fridge until serving time.
Recipe is delishous as is, but I made a couple changes. First, I melted 1/2 cup of butter and let cool slightly. I added the half cup if butter for the crust layer of oreo to hold it together. Also, I added one cup of sugar to cream cheese instead of 1/2. So good!!!
I had 4 ounces of cream cheese leftover from another recipe so I decided to make this one & cut it in half. I'm just feeding 4 anyway. The halved recipe made a deepdish pie plate & 3 wine goblets. The taste is delish! I did have trouble getting it together. My pudding tried to sink straight down through the Cool whip/cream cheese mixture like it was quicksand. So I put the pie plate & the other two goblets in the fridge for about an hour, then added the pudding & refrigerated til serving time. :)Made for the Spring 2009 Pick A Chef Orphanage. Thanks, MomB!
I made this for PAC Spring 2009. After reading the reviews I made a few changes. I added 1 cup sugar to the cream cheese instead of a half, and I didn't add the second tub of cool whip. Not only do I agree it would be overwhelming on the cool whip, but this makes SUCH a large batch there was hardly room for another 12oz. of cool whip! Instead I put a gallop of cool whip on each individual serving. It was very delicious! Another great keeper, thanks MomB!