Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 min
This is a twist on an old favorite pudding dessert. Everyone loves Oreos, so why not incorporate them into this fabulous dessert. Always requested, never any leftovers!
- Crush Oreos, and place in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish (reserve about 1/2 cup of oreos for topping).
- Put cream cheese and sugar in mixing bowl and mix until creamy.
- add 1/2 cup milk to cream cheese and continue to mix.
- add 1 container Cool Whip to cream cheese mixture, mix until smooth and creamy.
- pour/spoon cream cheese mixture over Oreos, and spread as carefully as you can, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- in Mixing bowl, put the 3 packages of chocolate pudding mix and 5 cups of milk, mix until smooth, and pour over cream cheese mixture in pan. Put in fridge and allow pudding to set (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from fridge and top with remaining container of cool whip; sprinkle reserved oreos over the top, serve or return to fridge until serving time.
I had 4 ounces of cream cheese leftover from another recipe so I decided to make this one & cut it in half. I'm just feeding 4 anyway. The halved recipe made a deepdish pie plate & 3 wine goblets. The taste is delish! I did have trouble getting it together. My pudding tried to sink straight down through the Cool whip/cream cheese mixture like it was quicksand. So I put the pie plate & the other two goblets in the fridge for about an hour, then added the pudding & refrigerated til serving time. :)Made for the Spring 2009 Pick A Chef Orphanage. Thanks, MomB!
I made this for PAC Spring 2009. After reading the reviews I made a few changes. I added 1 cup sugar to the cream cheese instead of a half, and I didn't add the second tub of cool whip. Not only do I agree it would be overwhelming on the cool whip, but this makes SUCH a large batch there was hardly room for another 12oz. of cool whip! Instead I put a gallop of cool whip on each individual serving. It was very delicious! Another great keeper, thanks MomB!
We have made this dessert in our family for years! Everyone looks forward to it at potlucks!